[/quote]

?????? if the waste gate is closed and not opening until boost level is achieved how does a controller help with spool time???

In my book that is a function of exhaust gas mass, Delta P across the turbine, A/R ratio on the housing...

I can see it helping to cut the boost back during launch to stop blowing the tires off.. but faster spool... explain please. [/quote]

If you could see your wastegate while boosting,you would see the wastegate opening a little before it actually will open up more to the setting/spring pressure it is set to.

So, say you have a 10 psi wastegate spring in your wastegate.
You would think the wastegate will stay closed just up to 10 psi,well ,it does not,it will be creeping open before 10 psi is reached.

With an electronic boost controller,it will hold the wastegate completely close until the desired setting is reached.
Therefore,your turbo will spool faster up to the desired setting,because the wastegate is completly closed(forcing all exhaust gasses through the turbine housing & not bypassing the turbine wheel) & not partially creeping open.

Not sure if I explained that correct?

MBHD

12 port SDS EFI