I definately not an expert on oils but I ask a lot of questions of the people who I feel have the knowledge. The tech rep from Joe Gibbs Racing Oils said that the zddp additive can be removed by a good oil filter. Oils which had the zddp pre-blended were not suseptible to this. He stated that Joe Gibbs Racing was loosing camshafts when Joe took over the cars and that's why they went into the oil business. They too make some "Hot Rod" oils and for guys who don't use them as daily transportation the cost may not mean as much. They like their racing oil very much ($$$) as reflected in their costs if you check.

A friend of mine who rums in Super Stock Eliminator in the NHRA was ony getting 12 to 15 runs out of Mobil 1 before loosing power. He could get 20 runs out of the Gibbs oil.

Gibbs does everything by engine clearances for recommending weights...I swear I put water in my race engine but maintained 80 PSI..............Good Luck

216.158 MPH 12-Port 302 GMC on 70% 171.0 MPH 302 stock head on gasoline 7 years later