I had a '67 half ton short wide bed with a 250 standard three speed (2.94 LOW GEAR) and a stock 3.70 gear. It had a cold clifford intake and used a Holley "economaster" (450 four bbl talk cfm) for a long time- then went with a model 1850 holley (vac. secondaries 600 cfm) both were really streetable and with a heater hose zip tied to the bottom of the clifford during our mild texas winters, even cold weather operation was acceptable. If I had a Carter AVS (or whoever makes them now) I would have really wanted to use it- AFB types are good dependable carbs-and the AVS has adjustible secondary action like a Q-Jet. Also had Heddman/Flowmaster exhaust system, yet I dont think it would get past 5000 rpm in neutral- stock cam is mild! (or worn out). The motor with some fast advance springs in the standard ignition and made it very crisp- but at 250 inches its at a disadvantage to a lot of stuff, but not in noise! They cant hear their motors to know when to shift, and you can set off a whole parking garage full of alarms with one good rap! With a fairly low gearing almost any intake will be o.k., but as you get into higher gearing (less rpm/ mph) an offy may appear to be better, but you still have that big old headbolt boss in the head roadblock no matter which intake you use. My experiance with the clifford was good.