Your friend is pretty sharp. The car is/was a '66 Corsa. The paint, Evening Orchid or Iris Mist if you were a Pontiac guy, was a one year only '65. I'm pretty sure the guide # on the taillights are '66, but won't swear to it. What may be throwing off your friend is that the inside lights on OEM setup are backup lights, and I have replaced them with a second set of tail lights. But good on 'im. The car was at first only to be my "wallhanger" at the back of the shop. However, through the 15 years I've owned it, I;ve used it as an escape when the PMS and menapause atmosphere made it too dificult to remain in the house. It is a great driver, and quicker than snot. Without the front facia cut up, the back seat in place, and the color, it is a very stealthy piece. I love it and have owned it for 15 years.

CNC Dude
Before we took the engine off the dyno, I had fattened the carb considerably. I was showing how the fuel curve changed when the venturies are really challenged. They were way too high when the carb was working on all four barrels, not so much on just two barrels. I like an engine to be real fat under boost to cool the combustion chamber. It reduces detonation, the real bugaboo in longevity.
My last hydro was powered in one class with a legal "stock" engine, 7ltr div.11, and when equiped with Nitrous ran 7ltr div 1. It was the World Record Holder in both classes. I set up the "stock" engine on the dyno at 1320-1350 hottest cylinder for EGT. It was difficult to get accross the board same temps as I was forced by the rules to use a stock manifold and when I was done the carb had different size jets in every hole. I set up the Nitrous to 1150. That was 35 years ago with a Marvin Miller Nitrous system, good for an instant 200ft lbs.

'37 Master Deluxe 2dr sedan
'66 Elcamino, 250, 3sp OD
http://greybeard.shutterfly.com/