bristowbob,
glad to help w/any input of my personal experience.
Also by the quote here:"Makes sense to me, Hank"
You understand what I was saying.

P,N,C,

Thanks for correcting my grammer. Comes in handy. ;\)

I guess you do not like my commas,,, or color, or?? O-well,,,,.

The Webers carbs are always listed in MM, not sure why you want it in the standard English measurement?

Just a FYI, my 48 MM blades are 1.90" x 6 blades,,,, not tiny.
Also,,,, the choke tubes I had on my 48 MM DCOEs, about 47MM, paper thin.

Also,,,,,,, 40MM throttle blade itself is not tiny, I am referring to the actual choke tubes, (read my previous post) the choke tubes would be tiny. BTW, that color is green, just a FYI

I do not know everything about DCOEs, not by a long shot, but I do know, you never used them, & that's OK, just passing info here that is true & correct by saying the DCOEs are the better way to go on a "L6" (that means inline 6 for you, just saying) engine as compared to a plain jane single 4bbl , & that's what the subject I am referring to is all about. Not proper names for engines, just a general L6 I would say is sufficient, it's a commonly used term,,,,,, meaning inline 6.

An L6 stands for inline six ,quess you do not know that,, we are talking about using 3 DCOE carbs ,not 2 DCOEs for the L16, or L18, which are L4's, Inline 4 engine.

The L16 & L20 engines you listed is incorrect.
Here are the correct 4 cly engine designations. Just some FYI.
1.1 L13
1.2 L14
1.3 L16
1.4 L16S
1.5 L16T
1.6 L16P
1.7 L18
1.8 L18S
1.9 L18T
1.10 L18P
1.11 L20B
1.12 L22
1.13 LZ (competition)
1.14 LD20/LD20T

Here are the inline 6 eng's correct designations. Just so you know.
2.1 L20/L20A
2.2 L20ET
2.3 L20P
2.4 L23
2.5 L24
2.6 L24E
2.7 L26
2.8 L28
2.9 L28E
2.10 L28ET
2.11 LD28
2.12 L2.9 ~ 3.2
Funny you mention Q-Jet & thermalbog, I have used both of them & again,, no comparision between those 2 carbs & the set of 3 DCOE carbs, Webers are still hands down winner,, I do not need printed data for myself to know what works better,I have driven on the street with them & I raced almost every carb install against friends w/there track/street cars, thats enough proof in my book, maybe not for some, & that's fine, some people need to go through the process themselves to find out first hand even though there are printed catalogs stateing the ultimate power would be achieved by installing side draft carbs such as DCOEs.(Clifford)

I never could afford DCOE carbs, & that is why I did try so many different carbs in the quest for ultimate power for my L6 (paraphrased)as stated in the Clifford catalogs.
I would think that I went above & beyond the average L6 enthusiast of trying out so many different carbs.
All my money (what little I had) & all my free time I had was put into my L6 Camaro,,& that's also w/girlfriends complaining about how much time I spent on my Camaro.
I knew all along that a set of DCOEs would be the best all around power for my L6,, I just could not ever afford a set.

I would have thought Jack Clifford did do some type of testing on DCOEs,or maybe he recieved his info from racers or other published stats on Webers?
Kay Sisslle,Mike Kirby, Mike Barile & many others has used DCOEs with great success,, I think there are probably other carbs available now-a-days & w/a correctly designed intake manifold that can make more power than DCOEs.

But like I said,it's hard to surpass the the driveability, fuel metering of a nice set of DCOEs, other than going w/fuel injection.

*Warning*: This post will include ,mispellings & Typographical errors, & in general not the correct use of the english language.
MBHD

Originally Posted By: preacher-no choir
Funny, I did not use blue ink NOR A COMMA. Do you how to read a sentence without a comma?
Exxxcccuuussse me for not bowing the exhaulted throne of the Wop carb.
By the way what is a Datsun L6 motor? I've heard of the L16, L18, L20, L24, L26, L28, motors, but never an L6 motor, what exactly is that, judging by the other sizes, that must be a 600 cc (37cubic inch) engine. Must be a Calif. smog motor, not a federal engine.
What could you loose(or lose)in trying? Ya gotta type what you mean or else how can anyone understand the real meaning of the printed word.
1"=25.4 mm when I went to school back in '63. Therefore 40mm=1.57" is tiny huh? yah compared to the 2.25 (57mm)back barrels of a Q-Jet.
What if my 1000 cfm carb was a Carter Thermoquad with the"tiny" primaries, and vacuum controled secondaries?
As for as which wins "hands down", I firmly doubt either of us has the all knowing wherewithall or any published data to confirm such judgements no period.

12 port SDS EFI