hello John....thanks for your comment...however the is a standard procedure used on engine building....this has been done many times to various engines...this concept may be new to you....Talk to engine builders about this...this IS is another approach to greatperformance...

John ,is this the 1st time you have ever read this concept?
as far as being being specific to the 292 engine-due to the fact that the 292 deck is thick, this decking procedure is a GREAT way to increase compression....as far as the pistons are concerned, look at the THICKNESS of the top of the piston.....

John, do you own a 292? have you checked the block? the pistons? have you ever decked a block? or cut piston tops? or had any of this work done for you?
I have research this procedure as i have described with 2 engine builders- both know the 292 and the specific pistons I am referring to....
John your comments are appreciated but my info is based on research.....I would not mislead you or anyone on the 292 and i am curious why you would question this....what are you basing your comment on? Have you done this procedure?

for those wanting to know, this is a tried and true procedure in the engine world and will work great on the 292 ...as I have shared, my daily driver 292 has .030 off deck, and .090 off head and I am using these full dish circle....I have taken this set up and checked to see how much more can be done and I will do this on my next 292 daily driver......
its nice to share comments here....
what i share here is based on experience or research...for those that are open to ideas that work lets continue to share....
Until you actually have a block, piston and do the measuring i guess this might seem an unsafe way to gain compression-but until you know its not a big deal....but now that you know this concept, research for yourself......

it is unfortunate John that you question me on this....but maybe you just dont understand this procedure...does it make sense yet?..this is a basic engine performance procedure