Hi,
I'm having a problem with fuel supply. Driving around the other day I had a sudden loss of power.
Next time i tried to start the car it was not getting any gas. I could see in the clear fuel filter that it was bone dry. I proceded to replace the Fuel Pump but gas was still not flowing very strong. When i dissconnected the line from the carb gas was barely trickling out.
I re-connected the line and still no gas. Finally i took out the filter from my Rochester and lo and behold it started. I took a drive and still had no power though...when i got back i noticed that there was barely any fuel in the clear filter. Previously the Filter had always been at least half full of gas and i could see it pumping when i hit the throttle.

Mechanical fuel pumps are pretty indestructible so my question is why aint it pumping?

Just a little history. I had the renu process done on my tank and blew out all old lines when i replaced the tank.
I just put in a brand new starter and electronic ignition and the car starts and idles fine. Problem is no power! I'm guessing it's fuel supply but am open to other suggestions.

1) Could having a blocked filter in my carb have caused the pumps to lose power.

2) Could the cam lobe have worn down so that the pumps aren't pumping as much as they should.

3) Is there a more powerful mechanical pump i can use for a 235...or should i go electric?