had a .060 over 261 with the complete 'vette system and with those primative YH Carters (roughly the size of three rochesters), I had no troubles, they did not stumble at low speeds at all even with throttle positioned metering rods rather than the more refined vacumm controlled power jet rochesters. Should be an equal in size to the rochesters and were not a progressive setup either. Two YHs were stock on some Nashs, as well as some Kaisers, (maybe the sportier models the Healey and Darrin), the turbo corvairs, and a bunch of inboard/outboard boat conversions, all using various carbs per engine.

It seems with the more primative setups the rule is to err on the rich side, and you can cover up the rough spots...but you cant hide the MPGs.

Have lost my good Carter book, but do remember that the YHs were a side draft version of their down draft YF series, and a single bbl version of their WDG series 2 bbls (maybe a stretch there). I wish I could tell what cfm they were, probably about 210 cfm(2-bbl talk) or 147 cfm(4-bbl talk).

Important thing to remember is that they were a FACTORY setup used on a PowerGlide 235 engine, and stock the car could flirt with 20 mpg figures. So I would not classify it as being overly carburated--even on the 235. I have driven a six cylinder Vette and they were wll behaved (sure wish they had a standard trans).Is Ol'Hank around--it had a 3.55 rear axle ratio too!

Last edited by preacher-no choir; 11/17/11 02:47 AM.