holy moly update time, ok after about 5 straight hours of cylinder head mock up, and lifters-valve train etc. So on initial hand turning to check clearance between intake valve and pistons, so I roll it over by hand and I hit some bind-freaked me out so I thought it was getting jammed up with intake valve smacking piston, but after backing off the intake valves to try again to try and verify if it was the intakes, my rational being if theres hardly any lift due to lots of clearance by loosening them then this would confirm it-but it didnt seem to help, bind still occured. After much cussing and throwing shop towels (im still in my 20's, it happens lol) So then I figured why not pull the head again to check the clay that was in there, seemed ok, hard to decipher but it wasnt crushed flat, so I said forget about it and pulled the head and rolled it by hand again-Worst fears realized, whatever it is its in the bottom end, any ideas what could hit anything else? after the head was removed I got it to pass the bind, but it still does it about every one rotation I figure-is it a counter weight rubbing/touching the oil pump maybe? Kinda lost here, sorry if it sounds like I am rambling just kinda PO'd at the moment and losin interest in this thang lol

you can lead people to truth, but you can't make them see it!