Originally Posted By: copo-rat
Yeah, they aren't gonna tell us what our best 'junkyard' option would be. Understandable though considering who the contributors to the article were. I doubt we'd be lucky enough to see a feature vehicle with a junkyard turbo and enough info that we could duplicate it. Who knows. In the Dec '11 issue of Car Craft they do a feature on Marty Stomberger and the cars he has built. The cover says 'Turbo Guys' and there are 8 different cars with specs in the article. No inlines but he uses a variety of turbos, ebay, precision, chinese etc but they don't give a ton of info on them.
I snagged a Buick GN turbo for my 250 inline project, it'll work for a while I'm sure. I can always upgrade later if I want.
I understand why you went single instead of twin....was probably moreso the space required under your hood as opposed to the 'fab' work, eh?

No really, I hate fab work \:\)
There's two of everything. Two inlets, two downpipes, two charge outlets, two oil feeds, two oil drains, etc, etc.
I betcha the Chevy twin turbo concept would have fit under the Supra hood. Well - as good as what I have does, lol.