Originally Posted By: CNC-Dude #5585
Dont know what your skill level is in this area, just remember that owning machinist tools doesn't make you a machinist either, there is a good amount of skill to use those types of tools correctly. You'd be surprised at the number of people that try to use a micrometer as a C-clamp when they mic something. Snap gages, mics and dial bore gages do take a certain feel and experience to use correctly. Spending a little extra for better quality tools can go a long way in achieving more accurate results, so don't price shop if you expect to get good results. I bought my cam bearing tool from Dura-Bond, but Snap-on and Mac Tools and others have a good version of one as well, so you can check with them if you are having difficulty locating a good one.

I agree with you completely. You give sound advice.

If I had to now make a living off my in-line tools they would be the best I could afford! But since I am of moderate income, and thus also do all the plumbing, electrical, and general construction work for myself and my deadbeat loving in-laws I am stuck "robbing Peter to Pay for Paul's tools".
I wish there were magic In-Liner Leprechauns that would toil away in the night and I'd wake up with a finished engine project .... Oh well----

Those Snap-On etc cam bearing tools looks great,and looks like the extension would be long enough for my stovebolt block , but $240 for a tool when the cam bearings are about $40 will probably send me searching to jiffy-rig some cheaper setup. Snap-On Cam Tool