well after a lengthy talk with tom lowe i have pretty much decided to build a pretty serious inline 230 .hopeing for 450 hp or more this will be going into my 1966 chevy short bed step side truck.
i will use the stock block and machined as necessary such as as bore and hone as needed deck block for 0 deck height. crankshaft will be turned or polished as need checked for straightness and shot peened and cyro dipped. after market rods, custom turbo pistons and custom turbo cam.all machine work on the above items will be done by me at the racec engine shop i work at part time. all cylinder head work will be done by tom lowe.intake will either be 4 bbl clifford with a custom csu blow thru carb or custom sheet metal intake with fuel injection with stand alone big stuff three ecu. headers unkown.
turbo charger will be either what tom suggest or a precsion turbo from from my sponsor of my drag car.turbosmart will be used for bov and wastegate a boost leash electronic boost controller will probally be intalled and a custom built innercooler will be built by chiesel raceing products
this engine project should be up and running by feb. updates and pics will follow with tear down starting in oct or nov.
thanks to the postes and private p/ms from members on here and sujesting the 4.2 and it was a tough decision between the two i just wanted something old school with a mix of new
and questions or problems seen here please feel free to comment

Last edited by norm roll; 08/07/12 09:09 PM.

norm roll