Originally Posted By: Pritch
Something I've always wondered about-what does DCOE stand for?

and then something else comes to mind-I have a buddy who has one of those old Datsun Z-cars just rusting away in his field. Would it be worthwhile to try to talk him out of the intake and carbs? (he actually owes me a little-we trade out work)

You can't use the "Z" intake, but maybe it has some side draft Webers or Delordos (SP) The stock SU carbs are too small & the bolt patteren is not the same.

Look into seeing what carbs it has.

You need to find a guy that has the carbs just sitting around for years & does not know what they are worth.

Before I bought my 48 DCOE's I was going to buy some NOS (new old stock) 48 DCOEs, from an ex roundy round racer.

I could have bought those for $200 for all 3 matching number carbs, instead, I told my friend about them & he bought them for his 65 Nova that he put a 292 in. I sold him some new Clifford headers I bought from Pomona swapmeet the guy did not remember what vehicle they fit, so I could not pass them up (they were new) & got those for $75.00 & they ended up being for a early Nova w/a 292 engine, go figure, my friend lucked out.

MBHD

12 port SDS EFI