I know the value here. That is why I sent this back to the top. I was stunned that it went through here with so little discussion. If I'm reading my record book correctly the record was set in August of 2000 by B. Murray at 139.713 mph. With a car that would pass tech, If it still would, that would be a good class to run in. Not too fast (expense) but plenty challenging.
The production class rules state: "The engine used shall have been available in the model of vehicle used as purchased from ANY automobile dealer." That would be a 216. If the 235 or 261 were allowed because of the XO engine designation then a 270 or 302 might be acceptable too. I'm not sure.
The problem I see is that if you wanted to run anything other than a Chevy 6 you are in really fast classes that would demand a lot of money and mods to run. It's a great car and a great deal.
When I take a real look at my finances I'll be lucky to be able to afford to watch.

"I wonder if God created man because he was disappointed in the monkey?" Mark Twain