I’m hoping I can get help and direction for pricing and where to sell a 1954 GMC 302 inline 6 I recently acquired. My grandfather has been working on this motor for a few years but ran into some medical problems recently and needed money to cover bills so I bought this motor to help him out. I’d like to sell and give him more money for his bills. This motor was a vision/dream my grandfather had to build since the days of Bonneville racing – it’s been in the works for many, many years. I’m naïve when it comes to this motor so please be kind :-) This motor has been completely rebuilt, it’s mounted in a 1949 International harvester to a rebuilt 350 transmission with an adapter. Although it’s mounted in the truck and starts, the truck isn’t road worthy, so it’s important to note that although it’s rebuilt with zero miles, it hasn’t been road tested.
Here are things I know about the motor:
I have a $3,700 invoice from the shop that rebuilt the motor
The engine block and head was found in the phoenix area. Has a 302 head on it.
Has Fenton dual exhaust
I believe the intake is Fenton
Brand new 600 CFM edelbrock carb
Pertonix ignition
The cam was reground to stock specs
Valves were replaced with new valves
NOS pistons were used
Bored .030
Valve cover and oil pan are powder coated
New GM alternator
New GM starter
I think that’s all I know – did I miss anything?
If it’s helpful, I can provide video of it starting/running. He put cherry bombs on it, so it sounds quite nice in my opinion :-) All that said, what’s a reasonable price for the motor/tranny combo and where’s the best place to list for sale? Bear in mind I'm not selling the truck with the setup, but will leave it in for people to hear start, but will remove when it's sold. For what it’s worth, I’m in Tucson Arizona. Thanks again for any help you can provide!