This is a wonderful discussion! Panic what do you mean by hotter? Rougher idle? more top end? From my limited understanding of lobe seperation is the tighter the seperation the wilder and more narrow the rpm range will be. One thing that happens with a small LSA is the intake valve closes sooner so that compression starts to build earlier. Another thing is increased overlap allowing more of the intake charge to go out the still open exhaust valve at low speed. At these low duration numbers there's not much overlap to begin with. One thing that I noticed with the Comp cams is the low lift for a given duration compared to other brands. The Langdon marine is this way also. Does the 250 with a stock (or 2bbl intergrated in my case) head "like" a lot of lift? Do these engines also "like" dual pattern cams better with a full exhaust system on the street? A lot of people here are running a lot more cam than we are talking about, which is why I find this so interesting. Thanks again for the replies. Jay