Gearhead1 X3 on the videogames! DeuceCoupe, this is very good info to have! Did you notice that on the 292 cams at least that both the lobes are very close to the same on both sides of the peak lift. Also notice that all 3 cams are low intensity with about 40 degrees between .006 and .050. Look at the Comp cams for example the 240H has 24deg on each side of the lobe between .006 and.050 lift. The 252H has 23deg and the 260H has 24 deg. The Crane 200511 looks slower at 28deg but only at .004 lift. the Clevite 229-1878 is at 39.5deg again at .004 lift. The stock 250 cam is 49deg at .004 lift. There is a big difference in open/close speeds between stock and aftermarket cams. Until this thread I did not notice that the difference was so great! Now that we have some info on this I will buy a degree wheel and get the same specs on whatever cam I finially end up with.It may take some time for me to get it done as I am just rounding up parts right now. The factory reason for using slow ramps has to be low warranty claims and long service life. Most aftermarket cams won't be going 200k miles so a faster valve speed is ok. As for advancing or retarding the cam are you suggesting that I go bigger and move it a few degrees to try to have the best of both worlds? How big a consideration should lift be? From what I have read on this board the 250 likes a lot of lift even with a stock head but Comp cams with their low lift are popular also. Makes for a little confushion sometimes. Jay