Originally Posted By: intergrated j 78
I honestly don't know how many bolts the exhaust flange on the nova has. Like yourself I don't care for the under the oil pan piping either. In those days the cat converters were all in about the same place on the right side of the car on any GM car that I remember. Thats the reason for the whole under the oil pan thing with the exhaust pipe. I am lucky that I have an auto trans and don't have as much linkage to worry about on the left side. Jay 6155

I'm guessing your's is identical to mine, so three studs instead of two.

Yeah, I think I can squeeze the exhaust under the linkage but above the bottom of the crossmember and frame, so it is no danger of scraping.

I just had a bit of an a-ha moment. I was under the impression that from 1975 on, the integrated cylinder head (.......Half man-ifold, half cylinder head.....) was the only casting made, thinking 250 passenger car wise. Which would relegate me to searching for a 1974 or earlier 230/250/292 head. But since the 292 kept rolling out with a separate cylinder head, 2bbl intake, and exhaust 2" or 2.5" exhaust manifold until the last inline 6 rolled off the assembly line. I should refine my phrases be searching for a later model 292 cylinder head. I can probably find one of these that the exhaust surface hardening treatment is still good on and avoid the extra expense of hardened exhaust seat inserts (at least until I decided I want to upgrade to 1.84"/1.6" valves and intake lumps).