Here's the reason I'm asking - I did this little scenario to show an example. I think these are conservative estimates.

I drive 45 miles per day, 5 days per week, 48 weeks per year. That's a total of 10,800 miles.

I figured the price of gas to be an "average" of $3.42 per gallon for 87 octane.

If I were to get an average of 18.1 MPG with the 250 pistons I would spend $2038.32 per year in fuel.

If I were to get an average of 18.25 MPG with the 307 pistons I would spend $2032.89 per year in fuel.

The total savings after one year would be $14.43.

That isn't very much savings.

Now the 307 pistons may still be worth it...but if I have to pay around $40 more for the 307 pistons, will I even notice a difference?

Now the $40 isn't that important to me, but I have other things to spend money on as well, like potentially an intake (I only have the stock intake now), an aftermarket cam, maybe an upgraded carb like the Weber 2bbl, or even better a Megasquirt with throttle body injection (I've already successfully run megasquirt on a motorcycle).

Since I haven't driven a chevy 250 before and after a piston upgrade, I have no way of knowing how much of an upgrade this would be. I could get my block decked to improve my quench, and that would probably cost me $80 bucks. Would that be a bigger bang for the buck?

Dan