My trans is the BOP style. I'm getting an adapter plate for the transmission so I can use it with my chevy bolt pattern. Since this is strictly a passenger car application I'm not worried about going with the adapter. I can get the adapter for around 40 bucks. I do want to get the overdrive or lockup transmission at some point, but right now it's not a good time.

I have a '79 pickup that I am also doing an engine for, along with rebuilding the front suspension.

On top of that I'm saving up to buy a used hoist. Once I have my own hoist, doing the tranny will be a piece of cake.

I have a bad back and I'm so tired of going up and down under my vehicles. How many here have tried to weld exhaust while the car is on jack stands? I bet quite a few have...it sucks.

So right now my priority is to get this motor built, and make it reliable and economical. I want to put it in and then worry about only maintenance things for a while.

<begin rant>

I'm so sick of working on front wheel drive late model cars.

I have a 1997 Buick Skylark with a Quad4 engine and the car is junk. It has so many little electrical problems it's just crazy. I replaced a ball joint in it last summer and the control arm was so thin that I ended up needing to replace the whole arm.

My wife has a 1995 Olds 88 and last year the front subframe literally started to fall out, and the steering shaft disconnected from the rack and pinion leaving us stranded. So I get it towed to a buddies house and he's like "seen this a bunch of times, the subframe mounts are rotted out and we'll have to weld new pieces in. Oh and by the way, this thing is rusty as hell and it won't last much longer even after the repair."

I have a 1979 C30 that starts every day. Rides very rough, but it is dependable. I can rebuild the entire vehicle. I had to renew my license plate recently and it cost me $43 bucks. Parts are cheap for it.

So I don't want to drive a C30 everyday, but I want vehicles that are repairable like that. I had a car payment once and I'd rather spend that money on something I can repair (until I get too old at least).

</end rant>

:-)