I did something different. I bought a TD adapter and bolted on a Autolite 2100 carb from a 66 mustang 289 engine. I was not real pleased with the way the adapter needed a lot of work. Had to grind clearance on the sides to get it to fit, as well as enlarge the mounting holes to 3/8. However the carb mounted clean with the throttle linkage pulling strait back. I did not have to modify my linkages any as my factory cable fit right up perfectly. I did have clearance issues with the hot air choke hitting the valve cover. I have taken the choke off and will be researching a manual choke of some sort. The carb I ended up with has a 1.14 stamped in the side so it checks out as a 300 cfm. The jets are sized 49 and I am guessing that its correct for a 289 cube engine. On my 73 truck with the 292 it has made a night and day difference. It starts very quickly. The idle is dead smooth at 600 rpm. There are no bogs misses or hesitation from right off idle to freeway speeds. Throttle response is improved a lot as well, its very crisp. I have not run it enough yet to see what my mpg situation is, but I suspect it will have improved over the trashed monojet bog master carb. I don't know if its making more horsepower or not. But the clean acceleration sure makes it nice to drive. I am hooking up my 27ft. travel trailer on the 4th for a 4 day 600 mile camping trip. I will be able to report back with towing and mpg.