Update:

Got the Langdon headers in last night and fired it up. I'm going to go with a cheap exhaust because I plan on yanking literally everything I'm doing on this round in about a year and adding a snail to my engine bay. The more I look at things the more I realize I should go with a turbo system. They make a nifty exhaust manifold for turbo chargers for these things and though it's pricey it's the way I'll go to make it easier to install.

The plan is this: Get the exhaust put on, drive it like I stole it for a bit, next month get a 4bbl and a Clifford intake, drive it like I stole it some more, and in January pull the head (possibly the whole engine depending on what I find), get oversized valves put in, port and polish, remove .030" to up the compression a bit, lump ports and put in a cam. At that point I'm going to drive it like I stole it some more.

The following winter it'll go under the knife again for the turbo charger, Fast EFI (my original plan won't work due to the intake valve configuration), an O2 sensor to make sure I don't blowed it up real goo', and drive it like I stole it.

At some point I'll have to pull out the rear end gears and put in a posi system. Also forged pistons and rods. Crank and bearings are good for 700 hp on the stock engine according to the guys in Brazil. I don't plan on getting anywhere near that! I'm sure I'll be upgrading other things along the line as well. Maybe a TH350 or 400.

...but forget all that for now and listen to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v03lzJ2DlF8&feature=youtu.be

eye candy:

The Langdon headers cleared pretty well. Not many real issues once I got into it. Had to trim some stuff but nothing that affects flow or durability. Overall I'm quite happy with it.

I'll know if I added any power hopefully tonight.

I'm shooting for the 400rwhp range when I'm done. I'd like to have a streetable and reliable 11 or 12 second car. Way cool with the inline 6 as well. It would make my day to pull up to the line with the 250 badge on the side and smoke a couple of 350's. Heck it might be able to do that this spring!