Originally Posted By: gbauer
I can't see why anyone wouldn't go with Langdon on this one.

I thought they always were a better option & not having to worry about header gasket leaks.

I am pretty sure you would loose a bit of power as compared to some nice tuned headers, but seems not to be worth the headache of gasket blowing out, ground clearance issues.

Something I don't think Tlowes dyno testing on the 250 engine running headers VS Langdons exhaust manifolds were a complete test.

When the 250 was running on the dyno & Langdons manifolds were on at the time & a Fluid damper, I believe the tests were inconclusive because I believe the Fluid damper was failing and @ the time it finally failed during this particular test.

A.F.A.I.K., he never did retest the Langdons manifolds with a good running damper installed.

When an engine has a damper that is not working as it should, it will absolutely kill the power output.

I struggled for a long time running stock dampers, the engines, would never turn high RPM, (meaning above about 5500 approx)
I later used a standard 8" SBC damper then all the sudden the engine would rev past 5500 RPM quicker, & make power to 6500 RPM. Really smoothed out the engine vibes I could actually feel.
When I added a Paxton supercharger it would turn 7000-7500 RPM w/the same damper.

MBHD

12 port SDS EFI