I think the rumors about these old inlines are all true. They just can't be killed!

I got up this morning and decided to assess the damage. Moved my wife's car out of the garage, got in the camaro and moved it to the center so I could work on it.

I popped the hood and the engine moved back where it should be. The darn thing decided to move on it's own!

So I let the garage heat up, made some of the best biscuits and gravy I've ever made, fed the family, and headed back out to see what else was left.

First thing's first. Found the bind in the linkage. I see why I didn't it before. It was the bottom lever on the stock linkage rubbing against the intake manifold heater hose. Pulled it all off, removed the offending lever that wasn't being used, adjusted the hoses a bit and gave myself an inch clearance there. Also ground down a bit on the carb adapter just to be completely clear of the throttle cable. A little extra insurance.

Then it was on to the exhaust leak. Somehow the exhaust stud completely backed out and wasn't there. So it didn't break! No fighting that problem! Ran to autozone and got a new stud. Also found the other manifold to exhaust was loose so I added lock washers (exhaust place must've forgotten that part...) and tightened it all up.

Fired right up with no binds and no exhaust leaks.

Now I'm just waiting for my wife to get back so I can take it around the block to feel out the suspension. I won't drive it hard until I get the new mounts in but she's pretty much all fixed for $40 total ($35 for new mounts and $5 for new exhaust studs).

Cheapest "accident" I've ever seen!

New mounts will be here on Monday.

Hopefully this fixes everything.