Originally Posted By: gbauer
That's the one.

It bolts under the heated Offy intake. One other thing about the offy: it has two steel plugs on the bottom of it. They put them in as part of the manufacturing process. The whole run is heated unlike stock. That's good and it works well with the stock exhaust manifold and all but it doesn't hold water.

Some guys say to weld them or braze them. I chose to use epoxy. Mine I think is far easier and so far has held up (but I haven't put many miles on it yet).

I put the Offy in with the 4 bbl in less than a day and that was with a lot of project creep. Painted the intake and rebuilt the carb in the mix as well.

One final thing: The flanges on the Langdon and Offy are different thicknesses. The way to get things to seal up is to grind down part of the bridge so it's taller on one side. In my case it was 1/8". I also had to get new bolts for the two outer bridges because the stock ones are about an inch too long. Different places where they grab on between the stock and new. Not a big deal just make sure you get high quality (not Lowes or Autozone) bolts. You want grade 8.

Thanks for all the advice! I truly appreciate it. I have been looking at a lot of intakes, including Clifford. I didn't realize how many things they still make for these engines!