IMO, Tlowe has a very poorly made torque converter that just plan slips, & slips more than it needs to.

I said before, my moms completely stock 1999 Olds Intrigue 3.8 v-6 car, the torque converter brake stalls to 2600-2800 range.
This is factory GM torque converter that is made to work this way fellas.

Now, when you drive the car, it feels like a low stall torque converter of say 1600 stall, that is until you hit the throttle hard. then it will stall up higher & take off pretty good.

So just saying, you can have your cake & eat it to when it comes to a daily driver being able to take off quickly with having a higher stall, yet be able to lock up the torque converter & still knock out descent mileage.

As far as having 1200-1400 stall, where do I start, my 1997 350 SBC 250 HP 350 FT lbs of torque, 3:42 gears Silverado brake stalls at 1400 RPM, & is a complete slug because of this low stall,

How about a 2.5- 2.7 60 ft times slow, it would really benefit from a higher stall converter ,for my truck I would like 2000-2200 brake stall.

I bought my truck brand new & it has never, ever been able to spin the tires from a dead stop, all because of this crappy low stall converter, I am not wanting to race it, but would like it to take off better than it does, it is pretty pathetic.

If it would have 3:73-4:10's then I an sure it would light the tires, but would not be good on the freeway, too high of RPM.

MBHD

12 port SDS EFI