Originally Posted By: Brown Sugar

Has anyone ever had problems using POR 15 on the chassis? I used some semi gloss black last year on my frame and the whole bottom of the body and now like 70% of it is peeling off like a sticker. I never prep anything but they suggest painting over rust and all. I hate to re do it and do something wrong again. Please share any experiences you may have or if there's anything better.

I've had some peeling in places. POR15 is not as tough as I originally thought. Still a good product. I've heard that two extremely thin coats are best. That is purely heresay though.

I would say the best results are when the metal has been sandblasted clean and still has a texture. Scale rust MUST be removed before painting over any rust. Grease and dirt must also be removed.

I think (my opinion and not fact) that POR15 never really BONDS to the surface. It seems to only be a tough layer that seals out air and water so it prevents rust.

It should touch up pretty easy but I'd scuff the surfaces with 150 grit sandpaper first.

I recently bought a can of their competition - KBS Coatings - but have not tried it yet.