^NNNNOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought your car had nice paint and all it's fenders?

Anyway....

I got together with my buddy around the corner who has a mini machine shop in his garage. He built this little car in it:

Yep. That's a 250GT. Sort of. He hand-built it. Based on a 1970's Datsun, has a Nissan VQ35 at 310 ponies, a 6 speed manual, and weighs in at 2400 lbs. It'll do 11 second quarters all day long and actually turn at the end of the track. We took it for a spin so I could get a new thermostat gasket.

So we were going to drill out and tap the spacer to take the sensor but decided instead to drill and tap the other side so the sensor is hidden under the upper radiator hose.

Looks like this from the top:

I'll get some 1/4" brass plugs that look good to dress it up a bit better. This engine needs to be chrome, brass, Chevy red and black. So it's brass plugs and a date with my polisher.

After running for about 10 minutes it the fan came on and did what it was supposed to do.

Next project will be the fill panel followed by a two gauge cluster for temp and oil pressure. In the future I can add a gauge for boost, right?

...and I'm STILL getting too much gas when the cam flips the accelerator pump! I'm starting to think someone drilled out something they shouldn't have drilled out. I just backed the adjustment bolt way out and will try that next just to see if she goes or falls flat. We'll see.

On another note: while doing the drilling and tapping on the spacer I asked if he thought he could do some head work. Turns out he's done just that to three of his own so far. I showed him the lump port video and he said no problem as long as I promised to do a cam at the same time.

...and now it looks like I'll be doing more to the Camaro in the near future... I think after the cam and lumps I'll go get a bottle.