First, I would like to say hello. I am a newly registered member of this site. I spent some time searching the forums and found some really good information. Glad to have this resource available!

I have a 1965 Chevelle Malibu SS Convertible that came with the stock 230/powerglide. I am working on a complete frame off restore on the car, but also upgrading the suspension, brakes, etc. I threw around some ideas about replacing the engine, but I really like the idea of keeping the inline 6. Keep in mind that this engine still has oil in it, but has not run in a very long time. I have to pull the engine and break it down before I know what I am dealing with.

My goal is to have 250+ hp. From what I have read, it looks like I can use a 250 crank, 250 pistons, langdon headers, offenhauser intake (I am leaning toward the 3x1 bbl Carb)...I love the look), a mild street cam, and a 700r4 transmission. I have not figured out the head yet.

Does this seem like a good direction? This is my first inline 6 and I am really out of my comfort zone on the upgrades to look at. Any advice is appreciated.