Originally Posted By: DeuceCoupe
Lifeguard,
Good to know the 292 would fit with the "Low Riser" valve cover. I measure its height at 2-3/4", vs 3-1/2" for the early tall valve cover. I GUESS they interchange though I've never tried it, since I'm sure the taller valve cover adds power on the street since it says "Chevrolet" on top. I guess you could use the shorter 2-3/4" no-name valve cover, add a "292 HiTorque" decal and gain back some of the lost valve cover power, LOL.

Hard to believe they left 3/4" of free space under the early cover but I guess they did.

So there are basically four types of Chevy inline six valve covers? The early non-integrated head which is taller with "Chevrolet" embossed on it. The later non-integrated head cover which is shorter with a blank face (used on all 292s, the 250 thru 1974, and the 1979 250 in the Nova and Camaro). The early integrated Monojet head cover used on 250s in 1975 and 1976, which is shorter and plain. And the later 250 integrated head covers for the 1977 and 1978 Monojet head, and the 1979 onward 250 Varajet truck head.