Thanks for the tips! The exhaust manifold could use some machining, but it wasn't so bad. I'll be putting headers on in the fall when it's rebuilt, so not messing with it. I think it will hold. The exhaust manifold is really restrictive, wow, headers will make a huge difference.

The gasket between the intake and exhaust looked to be original and was disintegrating.

Scrapiron's tip was great to set the manifolds to the head before final tightening of the flange. when I first set the manifolds together on the bench, they were far from even.

The exhaust is a problem, held on with only one bolt. The second bolt had all of the bottom threads stripped out years ago. There were hardly any threads left to catch, I can't see how the person before me got them to catch. But it only needs to hold until fall...

Carb is on for a fit-out, working through the throttle cable. I bought another 3-foot cable, high quality (thanks for the tips on the one that comes with the kit!), that can be cut to shorter lengths. There's restrictions on the original throttle linkage to the base of the carb, but I think with adjustment it'll work. I've got an idea...

Questions:
1) Recommendations on where to tap into 12V for the choke? Gbauer, where did you tap off?

2) Vacuum lines, which one to where...
- Small line from carb, tee off to distributor and transmission?
- Big one to the power brake
- Big manifold line to PVC valve

3) I cut the gas line with a nice tool. Should I do the tried and true, but warned against in the instruction manual, flush the line with 4-5 cranks and a hose into a bucket?

4) Only filter on the car is original style porous stone. I bought an inline filter and was thinking of putting it inline going into the carb intake. Any issues?

Mark
'67 Camaro L6-250