Originally Posted By: TJ's Chevy
Awesome that its running good! Just do straight pipes and you won't have to worry about the exhaust leak! laugh

Thanks! Straight pipes.... well the throaty sound was nice, but we'll stick with quiet. :-)

Originally Posted By: gbauer
Glad to hear it's running!

How are you going to connect the kick down? Any ideas?

I forgot to chime in on how I sealed it up.

The flanges for the intake and exhaust were different thicknesses. I had to grind one side of each bridge to get things tight.

Worked like a charm.

Hey, the biggest reason for reusing the existing h/w was that the kick-down is on the original mounting. It comes complete with a spring, so it's just right for the carb that doesn't come with automatic transmission hardware by default. It's all metal rods, no cables to that point. It may require a little adjustment, but all is good for now. If you click on the picture and zoom in, it's pretty clear to see. I think I lucked out the threads were the same and it barely works. The hardware hits but it appears to take it to full throttle.

I found the original intake to be thinner than the exhaust and there was already a bit ground down on one side of the bridge. I'm still hoping the leaking exhaust is the donut and not the exhaust flange.

Originally Posted By: tlowe #1716
Mshaw,
Sounds like you just need to replace that worn out exh flange stud. The best time to do it is when the manifold is out of car. Head the manifold red hot around the stud and the stud will usually spin out with vise grips.

Doh! too late now. :-) I'm going to try one last frantic attempt to get that nut on otherwise i'm cutting the threads on the stripped out part. maybe if I put my bottle jack up on the flange, I can get it to stay in place so I can get those threads going. It's just really hard to get to pushing that...

Mark
'67 Camaro L6-250