I have realized that just because the flywheel bolts were/are still locked does not mean that the bolts were tight enough when someone locked them last.I suppose that the engine has so few miles on it since the remanufacture the movement/knock could have taken until now to occur? I will unlock them and see if they will tighten more. There appears to be some loose, very fine red rust coming from between the crank and flywheel.After checking the tightness or lack of tightness I will remove the flywheel and look for any sign of movement.I intend to reassemble this engine checking and measuring all the parts as I go. Everything will be mic'ed and plastigaged. However for now I believe that I will use another engine I have. It is a '62 model 261 with 40,000 miles on it. It came out of a school bus. It has never been rebuilt and has very very little ridge in the cylinders,possibly only some carbon build up ridge. I have the head off and one piston out. I believe the piston came out with no ridge reaming.I will have to find one rod bolt for it as I have lost one. I've had it for over 15 years, saving it for a "special occasion". I will save the 235 for a spare, or another project.

Last edited by tom c; 06/20/15 12:35 AM.