In 1963 we took a stock head and divided it with 3 cast counter weights cut down and brazed in to make dividers, with an algon fuel injection and sent a new AHRA record by more than a second.

That was then this is now. A divided head would run smooth but not make the power most think they want today.

Also back in the mid 60's went to Ohio same town as Ohio George to look at a 12 port that had the intakes on the plug side it was already cast but the ports were narrow like the new chevy heads did not think it would work, the ports were low to the valve not tall like it needs to be.

I did make a bolt in divider that worked I always tried to use a divided port just makes sense, in the 60's guys would try and remove the divider on supercharged V8's and they would not run at all. Guess you really need a divided port, Just get a Kirby 12 port and be done with it, you will be money ahead.

If you can not afford that, a bump port works very good Kay Sissell was way ahead of his time and Mike Kirby is very sharp on what works and what doesn't.

My 2 cents on dividing ports.

Turbo-6