I don't think my lifter will bleed out, it doesn't have oil in it yet!

I just did some work on it today. I can tighten down my rocker nut by hand and it will start preloading the lifter! Before I must have been maxing out the lifter and then setting it another turn, which was turning the valve. I suppose with all new lifters, pushrods, roller rockers, etc there just isn't enough resistance. Even with the .030 preload I can spin the pushrod easily, however the vertical movement is gone so I know I'm at or past zero lash.

Mshaw230, nice to know someone is following my build! My current problem is with the longer pushrods I don't have enough thread engagement on my rocker arm nut to feel comfortable (less than 1/4"). I have marked the tip of my valves and rotated the engine, it seems to be wearing perfectly centered with the Ford 300 pushrods, so I don't really want to go any shorter to get thread engagement as I would sacrifice rocker geometry. I asked Tom if I can space my rocker arm studs a bit to gain some thread engagement, just waiting to hear back now.

I know it won't run before I leave, but if I can have it assembled and looking good, I'll be happy!