Originally Posted By: Jim53066
Lugnutz,

What ever way you go, keep in mind that you have set the bar pretty high with your T5 information pages. We DO expect the same documentation from your engine building experience!

Jim

Jim,
I bought another 250 last week. I havn't heard it run yet. Part of me wants it to be as good as the seller says it is, but I suspect it's not gonna be that good. The other part of me wants to install a newly rebuilt 250 with all the little extras that will improve performance.

Rebuilding a 250 may be easy for some of you but I've decided to let the machine shop build me a long block. They will do all the rotating assembly.

I really want this to be a "community build". Forum members get to tell me what THEY want me to build. I want to use the factory intake. I have a Weber 32/36 carb that needs a rebuild plus an adapter plate from Tom Langdon. Headers can come later, maybe. I've had input from TLowe and others already about valve changes and 307 pistons. I'm still undecided on using BBC roller rockers.

I have the luxury of 2 complete engines to work with now. A 230ci and a 250ci and both are out of the truck. I still have the "250ci oil burner" in the truck and it drives just fine. Gets 17MPG too even with only 20 psi oil pressure while driving and 10 psi at idle.

I'll be happy either way, but I won't learn as much if this recently purchased engine is good "as is".

Last edited by Lugnutz; 10/20/15 12:52 PM.