"It's just a core" Yup, that's way I see it too. I've got a real loooong history of making 'stuff' from 'junk' so I definitely get that part. 'Worked as an automotive machinist for 7 yrs. way back when too so I've done my fair share of finding cracks in castings. Nothing's ever certain till it's all apart etc. but this 292 at least shows promise. We'll see how it plays out.
As for the Stude it's pretty simple, 53 or 54 starlight or starliner coupe, 292 worked up as far as practical for a street motor, and, I'd really like to have independent rear suspension like maybe a Corvette rear with good brakes, shocks, tires, etc. to have something more like a sports car than a drag car.
The 'Packard' as everybody around here calls it is made from so many different brands (1955 and earlier) that it's just a whole lot easier for somebody to point at a part and ask 'what's that off of' than to answer 'what kind of car is that' (chuckle)
As for pics, if I can't click on a pic and hit the attach button I'm pretty much done. Too bad, you guy's would get a good belly laugh out of it. Everybody else does. :-)

inarow