Hi all, Happy New Year,

I've got a '65 c10 currently with the 250,trying to track down a 292 for it but until I do I'm planning rebuilding the 250. This is my first inline 6 build, well I guess my first "full" build of anything actually.

Initially I was just going to get one of the blueprint kits from Clifford to take the guesswork out of the build because the truck is my daily driver but I'm deploying next year so I'll have time to do more of the planning, which is what I wanted anyway. So I've got a couple questions(for now):

My goal is around 300hp, planning on running a CAR Saginaw 4 speed(3.50 first gear)
I'm going to do a .030 bore, flat top pistons Clifford intake and a 4 barrel carb. my first question comes in at the cam selection...
I have front disk brakes with an 11 inch booster, I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions for a good low end performing cam that won't affect/be affected by the vacuum of the booster?

On to the head work...I'm planning on porting the heads and a lump bolt kit. What else do I NEED when it comes to head work? I'm real lost in the weeds when it comes to the head to be honest.

Also planning on running dual exhaust from the headers, I know that there's some added cost doing that. Is there really any notable benefits from that or could I save some money here and just bring the exhaust to one pipe from the headers?

These are my only questions as of now. Please let me know if it sounds like I'm overlooking something as this is my first inline 6 build. I welcome correction.

Thanks all