Many thanks for the complement. Just as an fyi, I sold a couple of rare intakes and other parts to fund the purchase of the Clifford set up. Best decision I could have made. the clifford set up made a huge difference from my old set up which was a weiand 2x1 with adapters and two holly/weber 32/36 (and that set up ran pretty good). The dual 38's can go though some fuel but oh my heaven, what a difference. I have owned that car for 40 years (I took my driver's test in it when I was 16) and it sits pretty much they way I built it in high school. That is decades old lacquer paint, all the speed equipment is either from the late 70s or older (I bought the traction bars used in 78 and they were who knows how old when I got them, lol.). Still has my velour seat covers from 1980 (my boys wont let me replace them.) If you have any 12 port news issues from the early 90s, you may find one reporting a little inliners gathering at Englishtown, NJ Raceway park during one of the nostalgia drag shows they use to put on there. You will see that the car has not changed a bit, lol. I was the Northeast Chapter President for a short time before an illness kicked the daylights out of me.

It will be more then just replacing the pick up. Take one of the brass fittings off of your fuel pump and compare it to a 3/8 fitting. It is a real difference. Also, the bowl capacity of the pump is smaller so while a larger pick up and lines to the pump is a good start, the backup will be at the pump. Couple that with the fact that I know of no 235 or 261 fuel pumps, or any other mechanical fuel pump that can be retrofitted to a 235/261, that takes a 3/8 fitting. Believe me, I am in the middle of changing over all of my stuff to 3/8 which I would rather not have to do but there is no other way. I had the fuel issue on every run I made except for one where I shifted well below 4000 rpm. the more I think of your problem the more I am convinced that you need to eliminate the fuel supply as the potential problem. You could really get yourself down a rabbit hole without knowing for certain.

Mike

Last edited by mdonohue05; 06/30/17 03:32 PM.