I probably should have noted that I am not running a supercharger... I've got a GT35 turbo on my stock 250 @ 7 psi now. It will be used on the new engine.
IIRC, someone on this forum stated their largest gains in head work was through dividing the ports... something I will be looking into. The head will be done, make no mistake.
The engine I picked up is a block, crank, Pistons and rods.
I will have a custom grind roller cam made. Roller rockers. 292 exhaust manifold (already in use). Worked over Offy intake. Holley 500. I will stud the bottom end (possibly, if really needed, make billet 4 bolt main caps) and the head. Also, meth injection will be used.
Originally, I wanted 30 psi... but that is an unrealistic target for a street car/driver! So, I look to 20. I've seen a mild 250 at 15 psi produce 385hp to the wheels in the dyno.... I'm hoping to improve on that a little.

Is it not true that 15 psi doubles the HP on the same na engine? I read that somewhere. That was not a rhetorical question, I'm really asking!

This is my first inline build and I'd like it to hold together. I've read snowman's thread, twice. There is too much there to filter it all down. That's the reason I started this thread... targeted guidance.

Thanks!