Originally Posted By: stock49
Indeed Kerropi . . . I have checked a few sources as well and I see that the trucks don't have the service hatch.

That sucks for truck owners, one of the guys at Jim Carter mentioned he though the AD design trucks had that on them, but I knew the AK Series didn't. I guess only the cars have it, which is what I had kind of concluded...

Do you have a truck also? I was always under the impression your stock '49 was a truck, but maybe it is a car. I'm trying to figure out if one of those covers would fit, if the opening was cut to match it? Since the lip just sits over the opening, one could create a template out of the inset on the cover.

Originally Posted By: stock49
Do you have the shop manual for your truck? Perhaps the dash or the cluster does come out for service. But that assumes slack in the wires. Curious.

They don't really mention it in the shop manual. I'm told there are 2 bolts that hold it, one on each side of the gauge cluster, and that it removes from the rear. To be honest I'm not entirely sure yet, could be 4 bolts, one on each corner. I can kind of see up there, but so far haven't been able to tell how the cluster is hooked up. I don't know if I will need to get it out or not, but may need to when I replace the speedometer.

beater,

Here's one on Ebay, they sell cheap enough. Looks like it just sits in the opening and the lip screws onto the firewall.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/49-52-GM-Chevy-...ws/184018818079

TT
Keroppi - 1946 Chevy 1/2 Ton Pickup