My '40 International had 3 tanks and all ran from the stock mechanical fuel pump on the engine. It just had a 3 position valve on the floor.
Originally Posted By: TraditionalToolworks
Originally Posted By: mick53
one of the reasons I'm running a cable drive fuel pump off my dry sump oil pump is that if the oil pump belt fails it stops the fuel flow.

Actually that's a good point, they do have some inertia switches that will turn the power off to the electric fuel pumps, I think it's about $100 though. I rolled a SUV when I was younger and it stopped running. As long as the engine stops running there will be no power to the fuel pumps. But that is a good point Michael, 'touche!

Originally Posted By: DoubleDingo
Except for my current '65 all of my trucks had/have dual tanks and it is a great thing.

Most anyone that has had dual tanks seems to feel that way. the second tank is a nice piece of comfort knowing it's there. Just knowing you don't have to stop immediately, just flip the switch on the dash. I like that feature, and seeing I have 2 tanks in my old pickup, I see no reason not to use them.

Originally Posted By: Beater of the Pack
Writing this from the Grand Californian at Disneyland tonight. We went by one place today where gas was $5.29.9 a gallon. Reason enough for a 600 mile range. laugh

That is frickin' robbery! I thought the gas was high here where I live, well, I KNOW it is...but they are raping the Disney guests, IMO.

I filled up my Tacoma last night. A Chevron that I used to go to was $4.29/gal (and 9/10ths, don't forget that!). I bought at a Valero about 2 miles away for $3.79/gal. That's 0.50/gallon, which is $5 for 10 gallons, that's a LOT of money to throw away. This is a very common spread, and that was 87 octane. We see about a $0.20 spread between 87 octane and 91 octane.

I can drive 3 hours to Fresno and get gas for about $0.50/gallon cheaper than in the Bay area. It's the same gas coming from the same refinery in the Bay area... crazy

How much are you guys paying in Nevada right now?

At home it was $3.29 when we left. Carson City and Reno are more expensive. The $5.29.9 was in Lee Vining, CA near Mono Lake.
I haven't looked down here we have enough to get back to the Indian gas station at Fort Independence. It's the cheapest until we get home. Disney has it's own way of making us pay but I knew that before I made reservations. It's fun.

I've been places in Nevada where you had to pay for water and you could not use the restroom. I unloaded about 25 boys off a a school bus one day where we had just filled the bus with gas. I could not negotiate a deal for the bathroom so we just pissed in his drive way. I heard about it when we got back to school but the parents backed me. A few of the dad's used to stop a pee in the guys driveway when ever they were out there. That place is long gone now.

"I wonder if God created man because he was disappointed in the monkey?" Mark Twain