Originally Posted By: Hillbilly
The all weigh 90-92 grams.

That suggests an older production run. I have yet to be able to put dates on these parts - the packaging is not dated. And why they get heavier overtime is also a mystery . . .

My research suggests that alot of the NOS parts out there may have come from just a handful of factories before production moved overseas. Apparently, there was a concentration of lifter production in and around Muskegon Mich. This may have included some OEM work for GM as this company history page about Johnson alludes (when Olds switched from flat-heads to OHV in '49):
HyLift Johnson
This was certainly a watershed moment for Olds - but as we all know Buick, Chevy and GMC were well ahead in this arena.

For my own build - I was never able to snag a full set. I got half a box of 12 of the older production. These were individually packed:

I used those on the intake lobes.

And I found 1 full and 2 partial boxes of some newer production - 4 packs - with lifters loose in the box with card-board dividers so they don't rub against each other:

Giving me 10 to choose from. I used the 6 closest in weight on the exhaust lobes.

Leaving me with 4 in hand if anyone is scrounging . . .

For me the most interesting part about this topic is what appears to have been dozens of different specifications for what ultimately is summarized overtime as a single interchangeable part. The dimensional differences being minor.

In my ’06 Weatherly Index the Dana Clevite part number 213-1661 is obsolete and the earlier part number 213-1603 has 28 cross-references including both of the Sealed Power part numbers AT708 and AT887, as well as, all of the GM part numbers 839263 (Chevrolet 216), 2194006 (GMC I6) , 3660438(Chevrolet 235), and 3836342 (I6 Corvette). Which makes no sense because of the change in materials from forged steel to cast iron – we know the Corvette part is incompatible with the others.