I read a lot about oils and even looked up some old threads on synthetics and thought that maybe my wrangler would benefit from switching to synthetic since I will be seeing only cold weather starts now and I also go wheeling as often as time allows (at least once a week) so I would see a lot of dusty, watery, and muddy conditions along with a lot of high reving and because of the big tires, on the highway I'm at a constant higher rpm than stock since I can't use my 6th gear OD. I change my oil every 2500 to 3000 religiously so getting ready to do it now, I inquired to the parts counter at the local NAPA about what kind of synthetics they sell and the guy told me that if the vehicle didn't come with it from the factory or that I haven't been using it from the start if the engine was rebuilt, it would be useless to me. I didn't understand that. I know you can't even use that stuff for break in so how are you going to use it from the start on anything??!!! anyway, what the heck is up with that guy? I thought like a mobil 1 would be good for me since I could probably get at least 5000 out of it per change since with all the off roading and my oil isn't that dark at all after 3000. And I've put 15,000 on the thing since I had it new for 8 1/2 months. Going by what I read, I have no clue as to what that NAPA guy meant. Any thoughts?

1968 Chevy C-30 292 SM 465
1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee 242 4.0
2005 Jeep Wrangler SE 2.4L & 6 spd