The timing cover came from Evilbay! Listed under Mercruiser!! Looks really nice!! Came with seal and gaskets!

Impala traded a damaged roller cam for some stuff I had. I sent it to Oregon Cam Grinders and they repaired the damaged lobe and reground it to a good low end hydraulic profile!!

I using a SFI balancer from a SBC that I found in research. It's not an ATI, but it came highly recommended. Made in Australia and spun up to 18,000 rpm in testing. Since I'm only planning on turning this li'l feller 5,000 or so, I figure it orta do the job. I WILL have to redo my pulley setup.

I talked to RaceTec yesterday because they had not taken out my deposit. My contact told me that they don't take out the payment until they start machining the slugs. He then informed me that they had pulled the slugs and were headed to the mill. Next he added that they would PROBABLY be done this week or early next!! I went with a 9.75:1 forged piston with a 1.6 cc dome and a metric ring set.

I picked up a set of Comp Cams stainless roller rockers almost by accident. I was researching rockers and looked at these in two or three places. I stumbled onto a set for the 4cyl and they were on sale for less than half price. POUNCE!!!

I'll run down part numbers and pick up on details in the next few days and post them here or on the thread I started on this project.... a couple or three years ago!! Probably both threads!!

Never use a minor caliber bullet on a major caliber adversary