I am using a new 168 tooth flywheel that uses the 10" (or what ever it is) clutch. I got it from Jegs after a lot of searching for a used one to find that most were used up and cracked. The housing is a combination of the stock Power Glide adapter and an aluminum aftermarket that adapts a Studebaker T86 Borg Warner 3 speed OD. Yes the starter mounts to the Power Glide adapter.

Because pictures are so hard to post here I'm attaching a link to my epic build thread on the HAMB. The pictures are on page 2. There are some of the adapters and further down the trans and T90 Jeep top plate.

LINK

The '84 you have may be the one you need to use the small flywheel. I think the later blocks had two sets of holes so either size FW could be used. There are also starters drilled for both and after market starter ends that locate the starter. So if you can bolt up the trans and remove the starter form that mix I think locating the starter on the block will work. For mine it got a bit messier.

"I wonder if God created man because he was disappointed in the monkey?" Mark Twain