This is an ongoing project that may be of some interest to someone out there. I chose a 300 six for my car as they can be found very cheap and I'm led to believe that they're quite reliable.

Mocking up the engine fit and dealing with a few issues. The Ford six is about 3" longer than the Chev 216 so at first I thought I would recess the firewall deeper, but after thinking about the loss of interior foot room I decided to move the rad forward instead. To move the rad I just turned the horse collar back to front and mounted the rad to the front instead of inside. Will have to modify the air director panel for clearance to the rad and condenser. Also the width of the accessory drive on the front is too wide for the Chev fenders and hood so I tucked in the steering pump and compressor bracket by milling 1.25" off the mount pads and shifted the motor 1" to the right of center. I noticed that both the Ford pickup and Crown Vic donors had the motors offset to the right, so I figure it must be okay. I also swapped the Ford steering pump which was noisy for a Saginaw pump which even Ford does on their vans as the pump is so close to the driver that the complaints of noise must have been overwhelming. Got the Saginaw pump with mount bracket at Pick-N-Pull. I still have to widen the firewall doghouse to clear the intake, but no deeper.

For motor mounts, I'm using the original ford mount to a perch I fabricated on the right frame rail. But on the left side the Ford mount would interfere with the steering shaft from the R&P, so I kodified an older ford mount by stipping the rubber off and adding a plate to use a common Chev mount.

Cheers John