Originally Posted By: Twisted6
One other that can come into play is if it was a Canada.or Mex. Cast block I have a 292 which is a USA Block But stock with a Mex crank , So some cross Over at some point Maybe?? who knows. I don't remember when GM started doing some stuff else where. Heck I didn't live far from the GM plant in Buffalo NY. I was born their. lol

Also, some parts, even the head or block could have been changed at some point. Note that stock is talking about '62/'63 time frame and that is what the Nova II engines were around the same time frame, '62-'64 if you google. Looks like 4 Nova IIs with that stamp.

Here's another interesting piece of info Larry, I googled where the Nova II was made by GM and it returned a page on the history of the Nova. On that page is says, "Known internally as the X-body, it was also sold as the Acadian in Canada and Chile.". That could coincide with what you were saying about location of manufacture.

EDIT: Does this help out at all Larry? You know the compression ratios most likely, can you tell if it's a 4" or 6" deck? I'm guessing the 194 is a 4" deck, but the bore would need to match also, AFAIK.

--------------- from Acadian webpage ------------
"Data for the 1966 Acadian were: engines available were six-cylinder (194 cid, 8.5 compression ratio, 120 bhp rated)", blah-blah-blah-blah to detail V8 engines
--------------- from Acadian webpage ------------

Last edited by TraditionalToolworks; 10/12/21 02:49 PM. Reason: Add Acadian engine info

TT
Keroppi - 1946 Chevy 1/2 Ton Pickup