Originally Posted By: 6 is Enough
I haven't spent a lot of time comparing intake manifolds. I'm sure there are some differences in hp numbers but how much, really? I've always been of the opinion that most of that is just dyno numbers. My guess is that you could swap from one manifold to the other, drive them back to back, and would be hard pressed to tell the difference. If you are setting a land speed record, or a national et record it may be worth getting down to that detail. Just my 2 cents worth. I'd run the one that I could get the best deal on.

6IE,

Yes, I'm looking for Dyno numbers...but it's more than that. I'm looking for RPM range. I looking at making peak TQ lower in the RPM range. With V8s you can definitely affect seat of the pants testing and which RPMs you can feel it at. You also have the Vendors specs that help you choose. There is a considerable difference between a single plane, dual plane, tunnel ram, cross ram, etc. The other thing I am looking for is better fuel distribution. The design of the Aussie Speed is supposed to improve fuel distribution. The design is different than all the rest. But if I want fuel distribution, I can use my Offy 3x1 but then the plumbing more complex. I want to try and make the build simple. I do not want to run any lean cylinders under boost hence looking for the manifold with the best distribution.

I already own all 3. I own 7 different aftermarket manifolds. I am glad you are volunteering my time to try all of them :-). I am hoping someone here has already been through this and has advice and/or numbers to give me a starting point.

Regards,
Rick

Inliners #6543