I did a quick search of O'Reilly. 250 & 292 use the same fuel pump. I'm sure there are different models possibly some with a vacuum pump.

after pumps show different numbers, I think there were at least 3 different 292 water pumps that play a part in bracketing and pulley selection.

A hard thing to find is a power steering bracket. Because of the different block height the brackets mounting alternator, ps, & ac can be quite a bit different. If all of yours fits and doesn't appear to be altered 250 pieces too are luckier than you thought. I'd make sure I had a 292 dampener.

Your build sounds great. 292s as truck motors interest me. It is a different deal than a race car build. You don't need a lot of the modifications.

From a 2004 post:

"#3683 - 08-08-2004 04:26 PM Re: 292 power steering brackets
Mr K Offline

I have confirmed 3 stlyes of pre 1972 power steering systems for that engine I own all three stlyes.
The first uses a big pump that sits on top like used on some 427 engines, the other uses a small pump setup and the third has the pump on the bottom just like a 427 case, there are two holes for this at the bottom of the 292 block most people dont know this.

Finding PS for pre 1972 292 is one of the hardest things to find if all else fails just change your harmonic balencer to the newer then 1972 stlye and add that newer setup and it will work, in all cases you will need the right water pump pully water pump and brackets to match your choosen setup.
this might pave the way for you a little more."

From an old eBay add"

Attached Images
Last edited by Beater of the Pack; 01/14/22 03:45 PM.

"I wonder if God created man because he was disappointed in the monkey?" Mark Twain